What Is General Assistance/Relief?
The Stanislaus County General Assistance/Relief (GA/GR) Program provides financial assistance to residents of Stanislaus County who have no other means of support. Single adults, couples and families may be eligible.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be a Stanislaus County resident for at least 15 days.
- You must register for work, conduct a job search and participate in the County Work Programs. If you are disabled or unable to work, a doctor must verify the disability.
- Any income to the household must be declared in order to determine your eligibility.
What Does General Assistance/Relief Provide?
- Depending on your living arrangements and income, the cash aid covers minimal basic needs.
- You may be eligible for Food Stamps and/or Medi-Cal program or services through the Stanislaus County Health Program. If you have a long term disability, you may be eligible for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI). The county has a SSI Advocacy Program for those individuals needing help to apply.
Applications must be made in person at 251 E. Hackett Road, Modesto.
Questions: Call 1-877-652-0734