What is General Assistance?
The Stanislaus County General Assistance/Relief (GA/GR) Program provides financial assistance to residents of Stanislaus County who have no other means of support. Single adults, couples and families may be eligible.
Who is Eligible?
- You must be a Stanislaus County resident for at least 15 days.
- You must register for work, conduct a job search and participate in the County Work Programs. If you are disabled or unable to work, a doctor must verify the disability.
- Any income to the household must be declared in order to determine your eligibility.
What Does Geneeral Assistance/Relief Provide?
- Depending on your living arrangements and income, the cash aid covers minimal basic needs.
- You may be eligible for Food Stamps and/or Medi-Cal program or services through the Stanislaus County Health Program. If you have a long term disability, you may be eligible for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI). The county has a SSI Advocacy Program for those individuals needing help to apply.
- Application must be made in person at 251 E. Hackett Road, Modesto.
- Questions: Call 1-877-652-0734
Copyright © Stanislaus County, California 2018
The Stancounty.Com website has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the Stancounty.Com website, and are provided "as is." No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
You're using an older browser which may not be able to function correctly on the following site. Please make sure you upgrade to one of the following browsers to make sure your transactions are secure:
- Internet Explorer version 11
- Chrome 26+
- Firefox 1.5+
- Safari 3+